Physiotherapy can help an individual to get rid from many health problems like sprains, strains, back pain, spinal cord injury, stroke, arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, whiplash associated disorder, sports injuries, workplace injuries, rehabilitation after heart attack, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, and many more.
Physiotherapy also assists in preparing for childbirth, preparing for a sport event, preventing injuries and sudden falls, restoring muscular, mental, and emotional strength and many more.
What to expect at your first physiotherapy?
If you are going for your first physiotherapy, then you can anticipate the following things:
- The therapist may ask some general questions about your health, your disability, disorder or injury. Sometimes, he may even ask about your daily life, your occupation and your hobbies.
- He may make you to go through a physical examination.
- He may make a diagnosis
- After analyzing your health condition, he may suggest and make some suitable physical therapy programs
- If needed, he may also advise and give some personalized physical therapy exercises
- He may advise you about your daily life and tell you about the right time of returning to sports
- He may even consult about your problems with other medical professionals with your permission only such as your general practitioner.
Some of the common physiotherapy services are:
- Mobility and flexibility training
- Joint manipulation and mobilization for reducing or eliminating pain
- It promotes functional independence and physical performance
- It helps in preventing and managing limits to participation, physical impairments, injuries, sudden falls and disabilities
- Providing facilities with the help of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs
- Improving muscle management and control through muscle re-education
- Breathing exercises and airway clearance method
- Exercises for improving mobility and strength.
Benefits of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy offers a range of advantages. Some of them are listed below:
- It helps in improving mobility of the joints and restoring muscular strength.
- It assists is the treatment of health conditions such as nerve injury, stroke, arthritis, asthma, strain, sprain, sports and workplace injuries and many more
- It helps in preventing and avoiding injuries, disability, disease and sudden falls
- It helps in fulfilling pre and post surgical needs
- It also assists in fulfilling pre and post pregnancy needs
- It ensures overall development of a body
- It provides good physical performance and functional independence
- It promotes muscle function
PhysioSparsh, Jaipur provides all types of physiotherapy and physiotherapy services such as musculoskeletal physiotherapy, Neurological physiotherapy, and cardiothoracic physiotherapy. Therapists at PhysioSparsh use manual therapy, ice therapy, heat therapy, ultrasound, low level laser, traction, functional electric stimulation, and physiotherapy exercises and provide quality treatment to several health conditions such as arthritis, asthma, stroke, spinal cord injury, strain, sprain, back pain and many more. PhysioSparsh carefully follow a range of physical and mental analysis to give the right treatment to patients.